Get Order prepared
by top 10 writers
What Is a Division & Classification Essay?
In everyday lives, people often apply the instruments of division and classification even without knowing it. Particularly, we often divide people into categories according to their interests, beliefs, communication styles, behavior, appearance, and other aspects. Moreover, people divide things as well according to specific categories. As such, when a student gets the assignment to write a division essay, he/ she will be expected to break down a specific topic or a subject into specific subcategories and describe each of them in detail.
Get a price quote
During their studies, students are frequently asked to divide and classify various objects or items and present their findings in essay form. Regardless of whether the task is to classify and divide some type of clothing in a job situation or for an essay, or categorize one’s living expenses in a spreadsheet form for budgetary or tax return purposes, it is essential to know how to classify and then divide things properly.
A classification and division essay is a type of writing, where you have to synthesize the knowledge you have acquired about specific phenomena or things, provide examples as in expository or illustration essay, and apply them in a more concrete way to the thesis statement. To put it more simply, in a classification and division essay, you have to provide examples that make up the form of a composition: either how things or notions may be united into a certain category (classification) or how a specific phenomenon or idea may be divided into separate constituents (division).
As such, the purpose of classification and division papers is to take a whole of a thing/ idea and divide it into parts and then distribute each of the constituents into specific categories. It is rather uncommon to organize a whole paper (from beginning to end) as classification essay. As a rule, this classification style may be characteristic of one or two essay paragraphs.
Techniques of Writing Classification Papers
- You take a complex topic/ object/ idea, etc. and divide it into constituent parts. This is done for explanatory purposes and to shed more clarity of how something is composed.
- You do classification of the constituents into corresponding categories. In the process of division, you will more or less know what categories to choose.
The Purpose of a Classification and Division Essay
Your main goal in writing a classification and division essay is to help readers get more in-depth understanding of a complex topic. The primary purpose of an essay of this type is to teach students how to think in a critical manner about how various things or categories of things relate to each other. Writing a classification and division essay is similar to other essays in many respects. It can help if the student looks at classification as the allocation of separate and unrelated items into distinctive categories or as individual parts of a whole entity. In a similar manner, division involves separating entire groups of things into different parts. These tasks are often so alike that it is not unusual for the terms to be interchanged by tutors and professors.
Division Essay Examples
As such, it should be concluded that division classification essays are those essay types that require a student to take a larger topic and divide it into smaller categories for the target audience to better understand the subject. To succeed in this essay writing type, a student should explore many examples of classification essays.
A division essay example will clearly demonstrate you how to properly break a larger topic or subject into smaller parts. On the contrary, classification division essay examples will also pinpoint to how to organize specific subjects into common shared categories. As such, it is important not only to know how to divide the items but also how to classify them afterwards. Therefore, one should clearly know how to identify important elements of a larger topic and classify them into new, more relevant categories.
Moreover, if any help is needed, it is advisable to seek professional assistance from our division and classification essay writing service.
More information about division classification essays
Before investigating what makes a good classification and division essay, it is essential to delve deeper into the notions of classification and division.
So, classification refers to the process of categorization of subjects and organizing a hierarchy of them. In order to classify subjects, you need to come up with specific categories. So, be consistent with them and follow them precisely. When working on this writing stage, it is necessary to be sure that you do not mix things from different categories. Think of classification as the process of a specific evaluation of things according to a certain criterion.
Make your first order with 15% discount and get 10% OFF MORE for ALL orders by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
A notion that is a synonym to classification is categorization. It means that you should have a specific list of categories that you will follow in order to divide a broader topic into smaller constituents. Each category should be a means of evaluation. Do not introduce a huge number of categories into your paper.
Three Main Steps to Creating Effective Classifications:
- Sort items into appropriate groupings or categories
- Ensure categories adhere to one organizational rule or principle
- Provide category examples that fit each grouping.
Identifying categories is the first crucial step to writing a classification essay. Classifying means sorting items into sensible or logical groups and finding categories for them. Say, for instance, you decide to sort a pile of documents or papers in your office. Before consigning them into random groups, it is likely you would work out some suitable categories for them, e.g., a) papers that need urgent attention, b) papers to be distributed to colleagues, c) papers for filing, and d) papers to be discarded or put in the trash can.
Writing a Thesis Statement for Your Essay
Usually, a thesis statement for a classification essay covers the topic and how it or related items are to be classified. Occasionally, it is appropriate to name the categories, e.g.,
- The topic name
- How it is to be classified
- Name of category one
- Name of category two
- Name of category three
Example: There are three main water sports for tourists to participate in when they visit Hawaii. These are sailing, snorkeling, and surfing.
Top 10 writers
Your order will be assigned to the most experienced writer in the relevant discipline. The highly demanded expert, one of our top-10 writers with the highest rate among the highest rate among the customers.Hire a TOP Writer
Good Classification Essay
- Work out what your categories should be: You need to be thorough in this step so that you do not overlook any important categories. For instance, an essay would not be complete if you list the main water activities in Hawaii as sailing and snorkeling but omit surfing since this is one of the Islands’ most famous water sports. Likewise, an excessive amount of categories could cause a classification to become blurred. If, for instance, you were writing on the topic of sports shoes, it would not be logical to include high-heeled shoes in the same category as running shoes and trainers.
- Classifications should be based on one principle. When your categories are decided upon, it is important to ensure they adhere to the same principle of organization. An organizing principle is the mechanism used to sort groups of items. Make sure a different organizing principle does not unexpectedly slip in. If, for instance, you are using the organizing principle of “water sports for tourists,” make sure that another principle does not slip in such as “water sports for locals” because the categories for these would be different.
- Use an equal number of examples to support each category. You might need to elaborate more on your most important or prominent category, which is usually presented last.
Common Transitions in Classification
Classifications are often presented in transitional order such as the first type or group, followed by the second type or group, and finally the third type or group.
NB: Do not forget that the writer sorts or organizes items into categories in a classification essay. To write an effective essay of this type, there are three simple steps to bear in mind:
- Arrange items into suitable categories
- Choose one organizational principle
- Provide examples of category items.
The following are examples of topics for classification essays:
- Historical happenings or events in the USA
- Popular US television shows
- Sports cars
- Physiological disease classification
- Countries of the world– classify by popularity, population, territory, and so on.
Alternatively, you may select classification essay topics that are familiar to you.
To provide a successful division within the topic, you need to properly define your subject of writing. Afterwards, there is a need to closely interpret the issue or problem at hand. Make sure your division has a specific purpose – you should be able to explain how it will help you share your opinion on the topic. When working on a division and classification essay, you need to realize how the division principle will help your target audience better understand the topic. When working on a classification and division essay, please consider that you should not have more than four principles of division (or categories) within an essay since it will confuse the reader. When providing categories for division, make sure that you should discuss each of them in detail, i.e. give details, characteristics, and relevant examples. When writing a division essay, make sure you provide relevant background information on the topic, particularly relating to the central phenomenon that might be otherwise ignored by the target readers. In case you want to contact our division and classification essay writing service for help, be sure that you can definitely rely on the company’s professionals. We have a team of expert writers who can research the topic in depth and guarantee that your paper is creative, unique, and original in content.
Tips on Writing Classification and Division Essay
The Best Place to Seek for Classification and Division Essay Ideas
A winning classification and division essay should properly categorize things into different categories and sort them afterwards. As such, to succeed in this type of writing, a student should be able to easily group similar ideas and then put forward a strong and convincing argument as to why the things belong to the same group. Moreover, a student has to pinpoint to the special relations the things may have with one another.
Get Order prepared
Get VIP support
package - 23.17USD
Selecting a Suitable Topic and Preparing an Essay Plan
The writer needs to think about the purpose of their essay in order to plan it effectively. One starting point is to consider the essay’s tone. If a tutor requests a serious-minded topic that requires external research, it can help to start by considering categories within your discipline or field of study. For example, someone studying biology might consider categorizing dinosaur types into modern-day groupings. For instant, the categories may include:
- Those with characteristics that are bird-like
- Those with reptile-type characteristics
- Those with characteristics similar to warm-blooded mammals.
Alternatively, if a tutor specifies a humorous or informal topic, the writer might consider things they observe in daily life. They may, for instance, consider the clothes stores at their local mall and categorize them according to type e.g. those that sell:
- Children’s clothes
- Adult clothes
- Hipster clothes.
From there, the writer could illustrate their various points using examples and/or their own observations.
Developing an essay plan means working out your classification and division criteria. If, for instance, the topic concerns arty styles in modern-day art, one could make a note of the main features of each artistic style, and from there, select the most renowned artists of modern times from each movement or style.
The Structure of a Classification Paper
- Introductory paragraph. Make sure you provide sufficient background information on the topic to make it clear to the readers what your essay is about. The last sentence of the introduction should be a clearly formulated and strong thesis statement.
- Main body. Each category should be discussed in a separate body paragraph. Sufficient examples and illustrations should be provided.
- Conclusion. Restate the core categories mentioned earlier in the thesis statement. Check on whether the answer “So what?” can be answered.
Introductory Paragraph and Thesis Statement
Your introductory paragraph should set out the topic and say why it is important to understand the various categories. The topic and the divisions or classifications should be explained in the thesis statement.
Main Body (Supporting) Paragraphs
Each individual body paragraph should cover a category described in the thesis statement. If you were to take the earlier example of the dinosaurs, then one paragraph could talk about how some dinosaur species started to develop and display certain bird-like features such as feathers and other characteristics. These ideas should be supported with the use of external sources unless a tutor or professor permits the use of hypothetical or personally remembered examples.
The Concluding Paragraph
Your concluding paragraph should reunite the categories or divisions, and their importance should be reiterated or explained again. For instance, it is important to understand how distinctive categories of dinosaurs evolved because it helps us understand the development of many modern animal species.
VIP support ensures that your enquiries will be answered immediately by our Support Team. Extra attention is guaranteed.Get VIP Support
Steps towards Writing a Successful Classification Paper
- Choose a topic that you consider to be rather complex and confusing. Divide it into parts or subtopics. Make sure the topic is not specific but broad and complex (it should be easily broken into separate categories).
- Come up with the right classification principle. Think of what the identified items have in common. In the process of classification, you have probably already thought of what common things or features they have.
- Make sure you are concrete in choosing the principle of classification because if you have thought of some associations that only you understand, then your target audience will not get the core message of your essay. Also keep in mind that the categories you have identified do not overlap.
- Double-check on whether your identified categories support the idea you have put forward in your thesis. If they do not, make sure they are related.
- When writing, always think of your target audience. Will the essay layout help them understand the topic better? Are the categories clear and specific?
How to Buy a Division and Classification Essays Online
If you do not even know what is a division essay, it would be a wise and prudent decision to seek quality help online from professional writers. With the help of a professional writer, you will be able to submit a logical and concise essay with the thesis statement that properly identifies all things you intend to categorize according to specific criteria. If you feel that you need expert help from professional academic writers, please consider BestCustomPapers.com as an option. This division and classification essay writing service will definitely help you write an impeccable paper. When you order from us, you can be sure that the paper will correspond to the highest standards of paper writing. When you cooperate with us, you will not only know what is a classification and division essay but you will also get appealing bonuses, such as free division essay examples, which you may further use as samples or templates for similar types of paper writing. Moreover, you can enjoy some additional services for free. One of such services is free outlines that are of great assistance for you as they help you properly structure the paper and develop ideas logically and consistently.
Reasons why you should cooperate with our service:
- with the help of outline writing you receive, you will have a clear picture how to structure your paper and organize ideas into paragraphs;
- your paper will have a clearly formulated and developed thesis statement;
- your paper will be free from mistakes;
- your classification and division essay will be written by an expert professional in academic writing field.
Few Simple Steps to Get your Perfect Division and Classification Essay
The Procedure of Purchasing a Paper from Our Custom Writing Company
Before you place an order with any custom writing company, make sure you double-check on the company’s policy, guarantees, and prices. Particularly, when you have a look at the services provided by BestCustomPapers.com, you will find out that the price rates are appealing and affordable for average students. As such, if the price is customer-friendly, feel free to place the order with us.
Check out the following steps that you need to take before you get a brilliant paper written by one of our writers:
- Provide all personal and contact information. Fill out the required order registration form. Make sure you provide relevant data, namely your email address and phone number. Remember that you should be easily reached in some urgent cases or if some difficulties arise.
- Make sure you provide valid banking card number since you will have to verify your payment and proceed with the online payment system.
- Make sure you provide all the detailed requirements concerning your paper, such as the writing type, deadline, paper length, formatting, academic complexity level, etc.
- If needed, pay extra for the additional services. As such, you may get VIP customer support, progressive delivery of your paper (if it is longer than an average assignment), draft option or extended revision option.
- Use the convenient method of online payment, such as Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or any other credit or debit card.
- Receive your paper within the stated deadline.
- Feel free to send a free revision request within 48 hours after the deadline expiration. Make sure that you do not change original instructions.
We Provide the Best Help with Classification and Division Essays
When you cooperate with us, you can get classification and division essay examples to see for yourself whether our writers can provide a paper the way you want it. On the whole, you can purchase our services regardless of whether you are a high school, college, university or postgraduate student. Our professional writers will take care of your paper and will provide an impeccable piece of writing. Place an order right now and take a step closer to accomplishing your academic goals.
I could not believe it when I received my completed assignment some three days ahead of time. I truly appreciate your efforts and dedication to your customers. I will recommend you to my entire class.
This writer has done such an amazing job.
That was a great job!
Unquestionably, yours is the best essay site I have come across. I got a perfectly completed assignment on time. Just super! Recommended? Yes, you deserve to be recommended.
I am totally impressed by your ability and speed, I think you are just the best.
Your help got me the high grade I hoped for. I feel blessed to have found you. My sincerest thanks! Recommended? I would be glad to.
The paper I received was so well-developed and its points so clearly presented that it is the reason why your service outshines so many others. Moreover, my paper was delivered well before its due deadline, which is another bonus. I will trust you with all my future assignments. Thank you, indeed! I would be absolutely delighted to!
The writer handled such complicated essays with so much ease that I guess she deserves every respect I can accord her.
I got a great paper, delivered well ahead of the deadline! My minor revision was also done almost instantly. I will definitely be looking for your help again soon! Yes, your essay service is very satisfactory.
My paper earned a very high mark from my professor. My teacher commended that the list of references at the last page of my assignment. I was not able to include that in my instructions but the writer included it anyway. Thank you for giving me such a terrific writer. Thank you for taking care of me. Recommended? Yes, without doubt, I would recommend this essay site to my friends and classmates. How does our service compare to the competition? I would not know because I have not tried other writing companies. But since I am completely satisfied, I would not dare transfer services.
Nice job at all levels! The paper made me and my teacher so happy that I got an extremely high score for it. As for the customer support, it is another edge this essay site has. There was always someone who would assist you in whatever ways you want. I am most delighted with my decision to have you guys. Recommended? I will give an absolute yes to that question. How does our service compare to the competition? There is no competition because your essay site is the number one writing service on the World Wide Web.
You guys are simply the best and I will gladly give you more work I will be having in future.
Probably the best paper I had seen in my academic years. Well written and excellent content. No grammatical errors whatsoever and above all, my instructions were carefully followed. I am glad I asked this essay site to write my paper for me. Thank you so much. Recommended? Yes. How does our service compare to the competition? This is my favorite essay site so far. Tried three others in the past but did not fully satisfy me. This is the only essay service that got full ratings from me.
Normally, I do not resort to buying term papers over the Internet but at the time, the anxiety was just too much I made the decision to send one research paper to somebody else the first time. It was not bad at all. In fact, it helped me boost my academic morale. I got time to work on other equally important things. My paper was finished in due time. Thank you so much for the help when I needed it the most. Your essay site is a wonderful place for us. Recommended? Of course. In the event that you are experiencing difficulty with your writing assignments, do not hesitate to trust this essay service and utilize any of their brilliant writers. How does our service compare to the competition? Like I said, this is my first time to use such service. I am a happy customer so whenever I need assistance, I would definitely get it from them again.
This essay service gets a score of ten out of ten. Couldn’t be happier with their service- incredible writers and fast, reliable service. I had a great time doing business with them, especially my writer and editor. Recommended? Yes, of course. I informed my friends about this essay service. How does our service compare to the competition? This is the first time I used an online writing service company to work on my paper. Never used other services apart from this essay site.