Get Order prepared
by top 10 writers
Great Tips on Writing Persuasive Essays
What are Persuasive or Argumentative Essays?
A persuasive essay, also called an argument or argumentative essay, uses reason or logic to demonstrate how one viewpoint, idea, or opinion is more valid than another one. Its aim is to try to persuade or convince readers to agree with the writer’s viewpoint or to take some action or other. The main argument in such an essay should always be based on sound evidence and flawless reasoning. Therefore, the writer should provide logically constructed reasons and indisputable facts, for which they would usually use good examples and quotations from experts.
Get a price quote
The following are the steps required to plan a persuasive essay:
- Decide on your stance. Work out which aspect of the problem or issue you should write about, what side you will take, and what sort of solution you will offer. Understand your essay’s purpose.
- Know your readers. Figure out if your readers are likely to agree with your stance, or are they likely to disagree or remain neutral?
- Your topic will need researching. There must be convincing and specific evidence in a persuasive essay. To achieve this, you may often need to reach beyond any personal experience or knowledge you have. It may be necessary to visit your library or speak to experts in your subject matter area.
- Your essay will need to be structured properly. Decide which pieces of evidence you want to include and the order of presentation. Do not forget to keep your readers, purpose, and topic in mind.
Make your first order with 15% discount (with the code "best15") and get 10% OFF MORE for ALL orders by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
Essential criteria for building a strong argument
- Know your topic well. To improve your subject matter knowledge, read as much as you can from credible sources. Make notes as you go.
- Your thesis will need to be tested. It is essential the thesis you build– your main argument– should be two-sided and able to be debated. If you want to check that an argument can be debated, write a thesis statement that directly opposes yours.
- Any opposing viewpoints or arguments will need to be disproved. To do this, you will need to understand any opposing viewpoints and be able to counter them with contrasting proof or by identifying inconsistencies or mistakes in them.
- Your position will need to be supported with strong evidence. Do not forget that evidence should be based on reason and logic.
Ways of supporting an argument
- Use examples: Good examples are a form of proof. They are a great way of enhancing meaning and making ideas more solid.
- Use facts: These come from a writer’s own experience, observation and reading material. They are a powerful means of persuasion.
NB: Facts should not be confused with truths, which are ideas that many people believe but are not proven.
- Use quotes: Appropriate quotes taken directly from the texts of experts to support your stance are of great value.
Use statistics: Make sure you take statistics from respected sources, which you must cite. These are an excellent method for supporting an argument.
Get Order prepared
Get VIP support
Full PDF plagiarism
package - 29.98USD
Get extended revision
Get order proofread
Get SMS notifications
The following are some popular topic ideas for persuasive essays:
- Should school uniforms be compulsory or not?
- The perfect body or anorexia?
- To allow abortion or not?
The above topic ideas are all debatable and remember it is essential the topic you choose is interesting to you.
I got my paper delivered in the fastest way possible and also got an A. Thanks a million for your work.
I have placed a paper with you and got an A. The writer answered all questions on the assignment prompt. I will recommend your academic writing service to my friends.
Writer #987534 is a very cooperative writer who will try his/her best to meet your needs. If you’re looking for a sincere and professional writer who cares for his/her clients, Writer #987534 is one of them!!!
My writer did my paper exactly on time and I got the second-highest grade in my class. Very good service and management!
Very understandable website and friendly staff
I am pleased with the lab report order because it goes even beyond my expectations. Firstly, I thought it was a risk to place my order here and pay the money. However, the result I got makes me happy now.
I can definitely recommend this service because these guys work with the speed of light. I was really surprised by the prices. The rates are quite low here plus they offer discounts so it is possible to buy papers and still save money.
I could not believe it when I received my completed assignment some three days ahead of time. I truly appreciate your efforts and dedication to your customers. I will recommend you to my entire class.
This writer has done such an amazing job.
That was a great job!
Unquestionably, yours is the best essay site I have come across. I got a perfectly completed assignment on time. Just super! Recommended? Yes, you deserve to be recommended.
I am totally impressed by your ability and speed, I think you are just the best.
Your help got me the high grade I hoped for. I feel blessed to have found you. My sincerest thanks! Recommended? I would be glad to.
The paper I received was so well-developed and its points so clearly presented that it is the reason why your service outshines so many others. Moreover, my paper was delivered well before its due deadline, which is another bonus. I will trust you with all my future assignments. Thank you, indeed! I would be absolutely delighted to!
The writer handled such complicated essays with so much ease that I guess she deserves every respect I can accord her.