You can use this sample
FREE ESSAY for inspiration
Working with teams imposes the need with working along with individuals who have particular individualities and differences in personalities. These differences may be basically contributed by cultural differences, national perceptions and other individual considerations that each person has especially towards the most controversial issues that they might be dealing with along with all the other members of the group.
Get a price quote
For this reason, there have been several models of leadership and management that have been introduced for utilization of particular leaders. Understandably, these models of leadership actually intend to make a definite indication of difference in the process of handling issues of considerations involving personality separations among the members of the team. One of the said models includes that of the Belbin Team Inventory which was devised by Meredith Belbin.
This model considers the need of the team leaders to find the best procedures available to make the issue of diversity among the members actually work for the best values that could help the group progress. Most specifically, this model intends to create a connection between the personality of the team members and the considerable roles that they are assigned to take serious consideration of. It could be believed that somehow, the right assessment of capabilities of individuals in connection with that of the roles that are given to them would actually help the organization or the team progress towards the level of success that they are expected to reach.
Make your first order with 15% discount (with the code "best15") and get 10% OFF MORE for ALL orders by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
With the use of personality segregation and identification, the members of the team would have the chance to be delegated with the responsibilities that they are capable of handling and not with duties that are not in line with their strengths. How does this particular segregation work? There is an assessment test that is to be given for the members to take and from the evaluation of the results of this exam, the members of the group shall be given particular attention to hence giving them the chance to be given the position that they could handle. The team roles released under this order include the following:
- Plants: these members generate the ideas that are need for the creation of innovative solutions that are needed to solve some issues that arise in the team.
- Resource Investigators: these team members serve as the motivators of the group as they basically intend to pursue contracts, agreements and opportunities for the entire group.
- Coordinator: They are the confident members of the team who are stable enough to handle certain changes that need to be considered for the sake of the development of the entire team.
- Shaper: the shapers are the task oriented individuals who aim to empower the team members to work towards the tasks that each of them have been commissioned to complete.
- Monitor Evaluator: these members are the evaluators, the observers and the ones who intend to note if the members are able to actually complete the tasks assigned to them by the team leader.
Top 10 writers
Your order will be assigned to the most experienced writer in the relevant discipline. The highly demanded expert, one of our top-10 writers with the highest rate among the highest rate among the customers.Hire a TOP Writer
- Team worker: Usually considered as good listeners and diplomats, these members of the tea, basically serve as the oil of the entire operational system existing in the team. They serve as the mediators between all the different members of the group.
- Implementer: these members of the group intend to take the suggestions of the other team workers into action hence empowering the entire group. This way, the efficiency of each member of the team becomes well visualized hence giving each member a chance to be recognized by the entire team.
- Complete Finisher: the members of the team under this role basically impose on the perfection of the entirety of the tasks completed by the group. Sometimes, if uncontrolled, instead of motivating the team, they bring in frustration. Hence, balancing out their capabilities with the limitations of their team members could actually assist them in being less biased with their members hence becoming the source strength for everyone.
- Specialist: These members of the group basically have specific concentration on one particular field. Their expertise gives the entire team an edge on certain fields of concentration.
Delegating the team members towards the role that they could handle in accordance with their personality, their strengths as well as that of their limitations gives them a better chance to perform well for the good of the entire group. Naturally, the being of a group as a united entity is an important factor that is responded to by the Belbin model of team management. It is through this that the issues of differences become easily conductible and controllable not only by the leaders alone but also by the members. It is through this proper delegation that each member becomes a pillar of foundation to which the team relies on; it is also through this that a team entirely becomes autonomous and specifically capable of handling problems that arise every now and then in the process of the operations that the group embraces.
Order a Custom One Created by Professionals