Buy custom Business Communication essay
Business communication has become a fascinating field of innovations. Technological advances that is beneficial to the organizational company in many aspects. Teleconferencing is an emerging technology that saves not only money and expenses but also time and effort of organization members in going to a specific meeting place. Literature tells that teleconferencing is a very effective in business organizations that desires smooth, fast and reliable communication transactions. However, actual reports such as interviews may be needed to present actual and real-time data, effects, problems and benefits of teleconferencing in an actual business organization. In this paper, a summary of an interview with a Business Operations Manager from VERIFOR which is a forest research and development project funded by the European Union Tropical Forest Budget Line, and Governments of the Netherlands and Germany.
Anna Victoria Hopkins is a Business Operations Manager from VERIFOR, which is a forest research and development project. She is the head of operations and communications of the project for two and a half years. She had worked as an Operations Manager for Toyota Motors in 2006-2008 and 7-Eleven, Inc. in 2002-2006. She handled business communications for these companies and had been very at ease in executing Teleconference meetings within the business organization.
VERIFOR is an international, forest research and protection program that aims to research and advise countries regarding protection and preservation of forests through its leading forest scientists and specialists. It is led by the UK Overseas Development Institute and has partnerships with three research institutions: (1) In Africa - CIFOR, in Cameroon; (2) In Asia - RECOFTC, in Thailand; and (3) In Latin America - CATIE, in Costa Rica. Its projects are executed in two phases: (1) Research phase – it is a review of existing verification systems in the forest sector of different countries; and (2) Advisory phase – it is a dialogue between many different countries that are well knowledgeable with their forest realities and is eager to push on with the protection and preservation of their forests.
The interview has three specific parts: (1) Hopkins was asked to briefly define what teleconferencing is and to provide some brief information about the teleconferencing method that is used by their industry and how these work; (2) She was asked to enumerate what are its benefits and drawbacks for their industry; (3) She was asked to give teleconferencing tips on how to maximize clarity and smoothness of conversations and meetings in communication.
PART 1: According to Hopkins, teleconferencing is the way of two or more people to communicate live information through the telephone, internet, or video conference. It allows the exchange of information with no boundaries or limits in the geographical locations of participants. There are three types of teleconferencing methods used by their company. These are:
(1) Audio Conferencing – It is the simplest form of method that uses only telephones preferably speaker phones. This has the lowest cost requirement that enables two or more people to communicate through the telephone.
(2) Video Conferencing – It is an interactive method that uses both video and audio systems. In a video conference, different requirements and systems are needed to produce high quality communications.
(3) Web Conferencing – It is also an interactive method that uses both video and audio systems. This is a method that has more disadvantages than audio and video conferencing. For example, a participating country has low quality internet connection, communicating with them will be poor.
PART 2: Hopkins enumerated the benefits and drawbacks of teleconferencing in their industry. The benefits are the following:
(1) Teleconferencing reduces time delays due to travel and geographical location concerns. Especially, with an international project that is located on different sides of the world, communication is a must.
(2) It saves time and allows real-time discussion and meetings. The time required to go to a meeting place can be converted to a time for conversations and discussions of more important matters. In other words, time that is allotted to traveling can be used productively in other matters.
(3) It dramatically reduces cost requirements for meetings. The budget allotted to travel and human resources can be converted to other productive causes. Less travel is equal to lower costs.
(4) Generally, it enhances productivity of the industry. It can be used for urgent meetings. It reduces time and costs, thus productivity in each participant’s lives will be improved.
(5) It enables short-notice scheduling of events. If there are immediate concerns, teleconferencing is a very important element in the execution of these concerns. Communications are fast and reliable.
The drawbacks are the following:
(1) Technical failures are often happening in teleconferences. This delays the time and stirs up confusion in the actual conference.
(2) The participants that are not familiar with the system will be confused and the meeting will take more time.
PART 3: Hopkins suggested different advices regarding teleconferencing and how to have a smooth and clear communication and meetings.
(1) Before the meeting:
(2) During the meeting
The conversation with Hopkins turned out well. Understanding of the teleconferencing system was her forte. In the business industry – forest research and development – that she belongs, she acknowledges that teleconferencing is a very important element in every business organization. She gave different advices for the use of teleconferencing. It can be seen that through her advice, teleconferencing drawbacks may be lessened. Furthermore, the advantages that it gives promote teleconferencing as a must in every organization. This technological advancement is a very useful tool in organizational communication.
Buy custom Business Communication essay
First-Class Essay Examples Equal Useful Writing Tips
When browsing the web, one can come across a huge number of essay examples. Indeed, samples are very useful. When analyzing them, you will learn to format papers correctly in different reference styles. Nevertheless, in order to benefit from paper samples, you need to know how to use them appropriately. Remember that online paper examples can be used for research purposes only. You may avail of samples to understand how to organize your own piece of writing. Otherwise, they can ruin your reputation. If you use samples in the wrong way, you will not get high grades in any subject.
Do not Plagiarize
If you intend to use paper samples, do not forget about plagiarism and its consequences. You should keep in mind that the aim of college essay examples is to give you handy tips on how to deal with a specific reference style. Under no circumstances should you copy the material provided by online paper examples. In case you steal information presented in a sample, your professor may not accept your paper. Note that you may fail the admission process if the board finds out that you essay is plagiarized. You should realize that success can be achieved when submitting original pieces of writing only.
Always Read the Research Question Attentively!
If you want to use a paper sample, pay attention to the question it discusses. You should understand that a piece of writing covering the topic that is different to yours will not be of great use to you. You need to look for the scholarship essay examples related to your subject area. Thus, you will find out about the research methods that can be adopted towards examining your issue.
Beware of Hackneyed Phrases
There are many students who consider online samples reliable guidelines for writing academic works. Nevertheless, relying fully on paper examples can make your paper boring that will not differ from others. The point is that samples found on the web contain a lot of clich?s which makes them sound the same. You need to identify such phrases in order not to use them in your own work.
Distinguish between Good and Low-Quality Samples
Mind that not all college application essay examples published on the Internet are written up to the standards. A large number of samples are of poor quality. Thus, when looking through online paper examples, make sure they contain relevant information about the analyzed subject. Do not be na?ve to think all samples are perfect.
Mind the Peculiarities of Your Own Assignment
No matter the quality of the essay examples you are using, remember that you need to meet the specific requirements provided by your professor. Your academic work has to be exclusive. Mind that the paper one considers superior can be regarded as terrible by another student. That is why you need to create an outstanding piece of writing reflecting your outlook.
If you need good samples, visit BestCustomPapers.com. All our skilled writers gained education in the US universities and are eager to help you get top grades.